Friday 11 October 2013

Trend update


My last blog entry was about lace and how much I adore it. A day after making that entry I received an invitation to attend SABC 3's private cocktail party at Hemmingways. I had to take my own advice and put together an outfit for the night.It wasn't difficult because my dear lace dress was ready to be woren.I thought I looked good and ofcourse, I felt great.Black lace can do wonders to your body shape.Here's what I wore last weekend....
Black lace peplum dress paired with a gold chain neckpiece and a pair of nude heels.
Now moving totally away from myself....

I love african prints and when I saw this picture I just fell in love with it over and over again.I've been searching around East london for something like this for a while but realised that authentic african prints are very costly. You buy around 6 metres of cloth which will cost you about R600 then you have to get a designer to design what you want.So in actual fact, you might spend aroung R1500 or R2000 for just a skirt or dress. I dont really resent the price because I support african 'labour' and designs so it makes me proud to say I bought something local.Here's the skirt I've been blabbing about...


 Im always falling head over heels with alot of trends but I normally go goo-goo-ga-ga to trends that will bring out my femininity or rather feminist side.This dress is sophisticated and absolutely gorgeous.It's the type of thing I'd wear. I'd rock this dress at garden wedding or some afternoon high tea event.



Dress by Style Alert


Don't forget to follow this blog on twitter @Blackmannequinne to get more updates on the latest trends.


No comments:

Post a Comment